Rethinking Festive Shades: Autumn Foliage Thank You Card

 Hi everyone!

As autumn slowly approaches, I find myself reaching for rich, warm, and metallic shades that capture the magic of the changing season. Today, I want to share a project that explores how a surprisingly traditional palette can completely change its mood depending on how you use it.

When we think of gold, deep green, and red, our minds almost instantly jump to Christmas and holiday projects. But who says these iconic colours are strictly reserved for December? For this project, I decided to play with the brand-new Colour Combo of the Month using Lisa Horton Crafts Cloud 9 Metallic Inks, and I absolutely love how beautifully these festive tones transition into a lush, sophisticated autumn palette!

To bring this colour palette to life, I worked with the stunning Larkspur Foliage craft metal dies from Lisa Horton Crafts. Building layered greenery and foliage is one of my favorite techniques because it allows the metallic finishes to shimmer from every angle. By blending the rich greens, warm golds, and deep coppers, the leaves gain an incredible sense of depth and dimension.

Placing these vibrant, shimmering botanical elements against a dark, contrasting background really makes the golden and red tones pop, giving the entire composition a dramatic yet cozy fall atmosphere. Finishing the card with a dimensional "Thank You" sentiment nestled right in the center makes it a perfect creation for sending warm seasonal gratitude to someone special.

Experimenting with colour combinations and stepping outside typical seasonal rules is always so inspiring. A palette that seems purely festive at first glance can easily become the star of your autumn cardmaking!

I hope this project encourages you to look at your ink pads in a new light and mix up your seasonal palettes! Be sure to watch the video tutorial to see how seamlessly these metallic shades blend together.

What are your favourite colour combinations for autumn crafting? I’d love to read your thoughts in the comments below!

Happy crafting,

Natalia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Natalia Kuzak Art , Blogger