Day 10: High-Energy Bubbles & Graphic Textures
Hello everyone!
I made it to Day 10 of the 52 Days of Stencils challenge! Reaching double digits called for something bright, fresh, and filled with a little bit of artsy attitude.
Today’s choice was a dynamic circle mask stencil. Instead of ink blending an entire background, this stencil allows you to isolate individual circles to create a beautifully layered, floating bubble effect.
I grabbed a clean white card panel and went to town with some of the punchiest shades from the Cloud 9 ink collection, including Shocking Pink, Juicy Pineapple, and Surf's Up. By shifting the stencil around and overlapping the circles, I achieved gorgeous secondary colors where the inks mixed directly on the paper.
Once the ink blending was complete, the background felt alive but needed structure. I pulled out the "Texture Spills" clear stamp set from Lisa Horton. Using a crisp black ink, I stamped large distressed rings, dot patterns, and spirals around the colorful shapes. The heavy black outlines instantly gave the card a trendy, graffiti-meets-graphic-design vibe.
For the final touch, I stamped a bold "With Love" sentiment directly inside one of the main pink bubbles.
This card is a great reminder of how a simple geometric stencil combined with the right stamps can completely change the mood of a project!
Thank you so much for following along with me for the first ten days—here's to many more!
Natalia x


No comments:
Post a Comment