Day 11: Abstract Layers & Mixed Media Wings
Hello and...
Welcome back to Day 11 of my 52 Days of Stencils series! Today’s project was all about playing with abstract layout composition and building deep, interesting layers on a simple white card stock panel.
For Day 11, I pulled an abstract circular pattern and some geometric curve elements from the deck. It instantly sparked an idea for a layered, artistic collage.
I started by masking off the center and applying a highly saturated pink ink to anchor my focal point. To break up the white space, I used a direct ink transfer method through another stencil to spread a textured, speckled teal pattern across the paper.
To bring structure to these fluid shapes, I ink-blended bold black geometric arches in the corners. The final background depth came from blending a fine linear texture over the top and stamping a faint script text stamp for that classic mixed media finish. I assembled the card with a layered pair of ink-distressed wings and a bold "Best Friend" sentiment strip.
I love how every day of this challenge pushes me to look at my stencil deck in a totally brand-new way!
See you tomorrow for Day 12!
Natalia x


No comments:
Post a Comment