Day 13: Cozy Coffee Vibes & Deep Grunge Textures
Welcome back to Day 13 of my 52 Days of Stencils challenge! Today's project is a celebration of all things textured, weathered, and caffeinated. I wanted to create a card that feels like an old, well-loved book or a cozy morning at a rustic café.
For Day 13, I selected a beautiful, delicate leaf stencil pattern that works wonderfully as a background element when paired with heavy mixed-media textures.
I began by prepping my white cardstock with a light mist of Distress Resist Spray to protect random droplets across the surface. Once dry, I blended a warm, sandy base color using Cloud 9 inks before masking and stenciling the leaf patterns over the top in deep, rusty autumnal shades.
To bring in that characteristic grunge aesthetic, I applied a generous dusting of textured embossing powder around the edges and heat-set it to create an organic, crusty border. I deepened the edges even further with 'Tree Bark' ink for a scorched, vintage look. To complete the coffee theme, I randomly stamped distressed circle rings across the panel to mimic coffee mug stains and added a simple, striking "COFFEE" text sentiment.
The contrast between the soft pattern of the leaves and the heavy grit of the embossing and stamping is exactly what I love about mixed media art!
See you for Day 14!
Natalia x


No comments:
Post a Comment