Creative Variations: One Embossing Folder, Two Unique Handmade Cards
Hello everyone!
I am so happy to welcome you back to my creative corner today. Lately, I have been completely mesmerized by the timeless beauty of the Arts & Crafts movement, so it was an absolute joy to play with the "Sunflower Field" 3D embossing folder and coordinating stencils from Lisa Horton Crafts.
The level of detail in this collection is incredible. Instead of creating just one project, I wanted to challenge myself to see how a single background design could be transformed into two distinct card styles.
For the first card, I used an intricate hexagonal die-cut frame. By isolating a portion of the stenciled and embossed background within this geometric shape, the pattern instantly feels grand and vintage. I blended rich Cloud 9 inks to make the sunflowers pop against a striking teal border, finishing it off with a simple, sweet 'Smile' sentiment.
For the second design, I took a softer, more dimensional approach. I cut a rectangular window to reveal the stenciled sunflower field nestled safely inside. To create a sense of life and movement, I decorated the corner of the frame with a cluster of handmade paper blossoms and a delicate, floating butterfly. A classic 'All the Best' sentiment completes this dreamy layout.
I always prefer taking my time to add thoughtful layers and textures rather than rushing the process, as it truly allows me to put a piece of my heart into every creation.
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I would love to hear which of these two designs is your favorite.
Until next time, happy crafting!
Natalia x
)_20260606_065940_0000.png)
)_20260606_065615_0000.png)
)_20260606_065701_0000.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment